Friday, August 10, 2012

DIY God's Knot for Wedding Ceremony

We didn't want to do the typical unity candle or the sand that you see at most weddings, and I came across this alternative ceremony act. 
www.godsknot.com
This is based on a verse in the Bible (Ecclesiastes 4:12 to be exact) which says:
“Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
We really liked this verse and the promise and symbolism it contained and it was decided that we would use this in the wedding ceremony
Basically, it's short and sweet and we can keep it as a keepsake after the wedding.
 I will probably put mine in a shadow box. 
They sell for $40 online, and I thought that was silly to pay that much when I could save money and make it myself.
I bought three different colored drapery tie backs at our local craft store. Gold for God, white for the bride and blue for the groom.  I also bought a D ring in the jewelry section. 
I folded over one side of the tie backs and hot glue gunned the fabric together. It was very easy and saved me $25!

No comments: